Monday, May 14, 2007

Exodus

The jumping Teddy Bear Cactus is a fierce beast with spines that poke out in every which way meaning it doesn't just stick into the skin, but lodges in with ferocity. I had to walk, trembling, toward help and operation dislodge. No blood, but it did indeed hurt. The vision of butchered skin lurking underneath the sleeve of my shirt was vivid throughout the 3 minute long experience. They loom large on the horizon.



But in the end...



They were no match for me, recently aligned with my inner giantess.


The famed Joshua Trees have a lot of personality. They were blooming (this one isn't). This one is a little bit lonely.

I went to the desert about a month ago. I love it there. It heightens the senses and places the mind into a hallucinatory dreamlike state. It's also very photogenic. Traveling with two avid photographers was great inspiration for me to play with my little point and shoot more than usual. Patience (mine), photographer's eyes, and kind words of support are wonderful things. By the way, if you drop something, rest assured, my friend Doug will find it.

1 comment:

murkijee said...

Cathy V. is pioneering new frontiers in human-plant interface research.
And so on.