Thursday, June 15, 2006

I am a Happy Person

No more unsavory photos for a while. I'd just like to comment on the joys of learning calculus for the third time. It's not fresh and exciting like it was the second time and it makes me feel stupid. If i was looking for an ego stroke via review I am certainly not getting it from that 10lb blue math book that I've been hauling around with me for the past couple weeks. It all used to be so easy, back when i was young and before all the intellectual inactivity took it's toll. I knew I should quit wearing anti-perspirant and just didn't heed the warnings. I will be sitting in my underlit apartment inhaling stale air, fitting large objects into small trash cans (sub, the solution is so simple!! Thanks for the tip!) , and attempting to continue my "love affair" with Mathematics.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The deoderant/anti perspirant choice has been a very longstanding concern of mine, too. And Off Duty Artist as well, if I'm at liberty to say so. It was one of many subjects ODA and I would cover in the 15 page letters we wrote to eachother more than 12 years ago. I don't think either of us has really found a solution all these years later but, ODA, if you have found a deoderant that works, or found another solution, please share.

But check it out: I just returned from the drug store where I picked up adidas brand "24 hr control Absorbent-Deo" which claims to be "the first deoderant for women to manage perspiraton as effectively as an anti perspirant". It's completely aluminum-free. I've used their anti perspirant and liked it. I saw this one came in the same mild, "pure powder" scent that the anti-perspirant comes in (I prefer non scented but no such luck); however the lid is off the product, which is sitting beside me as a reference as I type, and it is not as clean smelling as the powder-scented anti perspirant and in fact it's starting to bother me a great deal and I think I'll return it tomorrow.

Anyway, good luck.

offdutyartist said...

For a while I used Arm and Hammer but found that it stained all my clothes with white sparkly stuff that didn’t come out in the wash. I also was taking extra zinc for a little while because I found a few websites suggesting that excessive sweating might be a zinc deficiency. But then I got freaked out that I might be poisoning myself because my multi vitamin has enough zinc in it already. Now I use Earth Science: Deodorant - Rosemary/Mint. It actually works for me right now. I also add Jason Natural - Aloe Vera Body Powder. It seems to add an extra barrier of protection. I feel ready to charge through the sticky New York summer. So now that I have shared way too much about my personal hygiene, I will get back to “work”.